Need A Speaker?
The OIW has a wealth of experienced writers who can use their many life and career experiences to excite and educate students and others about the world of writing. Our members can give insight into the difficulties of putting words on a page, the joy that penning a novel or a story can bring and the challenges of bringing their labour of love to market. OIW authors can create a wonderful and educational experience for your audience, be it a classroom of eager students, educators attending a seminar, or attendees at a conference who simply want to learn more about life as a writer. Our members charge a small fee for their services. If you're looking for a speaker, check out the speakers' roster below.
If none of those below meet your needs, contact Communications Director. Please state clearly the subject you would like the speaker to address, the time and place of your event and the approximate number of people who will attend.
- Robert A. Bériault: Sailor, sailing instructor and author of the book Sailor Without a Boat: How I Sailed on Other People's Yachts and Lived to Tell About It. Robert speaks about the fun and challenges of sailing, the exotic places where he has navigated and how you can sail as much as you want without having to buy a boat of your own - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Cook: how to research and write historical novels; will read from her three published novels for young adults - email@example.com
- Barbara Florio Graham: self-publishing; humour writing, contracts and copyright; low-cost publicity strategies; how to improve your writing - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bill Horne: freelance writing and editing, writing for the Web, preparing personal histories, promoting your writing business - email@example.com
- Susan Jennings: Writer, facilitator, coach. - ‘Write where the pen takes you’ for E-courses for aspiring writers enjoy the flexibility learn to write with passion on your schedule at your pace. OIW Members discount. Contact Susan firstname.lastname@example.org www.justforwriters.ca.
- Ramma Kamra: memoir writing, travel writing, short stories, selling your self-published book, translating, freelance writing -email@example.com
- George Laidlaw: Writing children's books, getting kids and their parents interested in reading, fiction novels, plotting novels - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanne Lécuyer: offers fun and interactive story writing workshops for kids (grades 3 and up) in English or French, using examples from her children’s books - email@example.com
- Emily-Jane Hills Orford: writing fiction and non-fiction, novels, stories about Canada and Canadians, Canadian music history - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Peirce: Experienced teacher, journalist, writing consultant & workshop facilitator, animated reader, and natural ham. General writing and editing, particularly getting started with writing, writing for seniors, planning long writing projects, and making editing almost painless. Also available to talk on labour relations, human resource management, editing and negotiating, U.S. politics, and the lazy man's approach to cooking - email@example.com
- Randy Ray: Canadian trivia, Canadian history, writing books, self publishing, how to publicize your book, freelance writing, recycling your stories, writing with a partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raymond D. Tremblay: Recovering and coping with mental illness, and providing quality services to the homeless. A dynamic presentation based on Raymond's personal struggles with bi-polar disorder and his extensive experiences working with the poor and homeless as an employee of the Shepherds of Good Hope. See his book, "Riding the Tides of Life" - email@example.com
- Terry West: common fiction writing mistakes; writing novels; writing short stories; my masterpiece has been completed, what do I do now? firstname.lastname@example.org